Our board governance services focus on established best practice and proven strategies for success. Kate draws from her career of nonprofit experience, legal education, and ongoing learning including her recent Certificate in Nonprofit Consulting from BoardSource.
- Policy review to identify areas for improvement
- Policy development to ensure effective governance aligned with the organizational mission and goals
- Governance structure alignment to ensure effective governance
- What type of board will achieve your organizational goals?
- What committees are needed?
- What are the specific roles and responsibilities for each board member, committee, the board as a whole and the staff leadership
- Evaluation and review process to identify key performance measures and impact data
- Board governance training and facilitation to enhance capacity and increase knowledge within your board on best practice and sector trends
Our truly unique Board Guide format provides a concise and comprehensive resources to your organizations key leaders. The Guide serves as the foundation to an effective board orientation program, reference during regular board discussion, guidance for strategic planning, and benchmark for annual evaluation. The Guide includes an overview of the organization, summary of current strategic priorities, governance policy summary, and definition of the role of the board.